Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Day 1: FMUR 30 Day Challenge

Day 1: Favourite Eye Liner

I have to point out that as an Asian girl with monolids, I find it really hard to find a good eye liner that stays and doesn't travel to my bottom lash line. So after tonnes of trial and error, I've found two that I can swear by.

(Click on pictures to enlarge them)

1) Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer (Noir/Black)



Because the formula is waterproof, I find that once it dries, it sits quite well. The eye liner is double ended: one side contains the eye liner, which you twist up for application, whilst the other side is a smudger with a rubbery feel, or 'sharpener' as stated on the side of the eye liner.



This eye liner comes in 5 different colours: Pink Impact, Aqua Sparkle, Perfect Plum, Noir (Black) and Emerald Sparkle. I also own the Aqua Sparkle and think that the colour pay off is great. There isn't too much shimmer and is still subtle enough to be worn in the day time.

It is important to remember that with this eye liner, you have to make sure that the eye liner has dried/set properly before you do anything else to your eyes (such as apply mascara), because I find that it smudges extremely easily before it has dried (perfect for smokey eyes).

This can be found at Superdrug or Boots, and I think it retails for around 4/5 GBP (£).


2) E.L.F. Studio Cream Eye Liner (Black)

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a really big fan of E.L.F. products. I seem to be forever ordering from them, and I guess it's starting to become quite a bad addiction for my bank balance. Some of the items at E.L.F. are amazing, and this is one of them.



What is says on the packet:
'Creates smooth lines that are defined and precise. Smudge-proof, budge-proof, water-resistant coverage. Achieve thin or bold lined eyes with ease.'

I totally agree with E.L.F's description of their cream eye liner. It is totally 'budge-proof' once set, and lasts all day. Once it has dried (it dries super quick), I never have to whip out a mirror to check if its travelled to my lower lash line, because it never does. 

The brush that comes with the cream liner is small but handy. Most people prefer larger brushes because it makes it easier for them to see where they are applying, but I find the given brush fine to work with. 


Sorry for the gross brush!

Apart from its great ability to stay put all day, I also love its sleek packaging and the way that it clicks into place when you close the lid. It's so reassuring haha. The E.L.F. Studio Cream Eye Liner retails for 3.50 GBP (£) and can be found at the E.L.F. website. The E.L.F UK website ships to both the UK and Europe (apart from Spain). For orders from the US, visit the American site.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...