Thursday, 27 January 2011

Day 3: FMUR 30 Day Challenge

Day 3: Favourite Brush

Being the idiot that I am, when I first saw 'favourite brush', the first thing I thought of was a hair brush... -_- don't judge me, haha.

Anyways, I only recently began getting into make up brushes, and I'm sure you've all heard this before from various other blogs, but I really love the E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush and the E.L.F. Eye Shadow Brush from their standard line. I'm a sucker for drug store brands cos I'm not really into spending tonnes of money on a few products that I hardly wear (I don't wear make up that often). I'm the type of person who'd rather use the money you'd spend on one product at a big brand, on several products at the drug store instead because I like experimenting and seeing what's out there :P

I actually hardly ever wear eye shadow because of my monolids, but whenever I feel like trying, or when I can be bothered (I think it's so much effort, haha) then I automatically reach for the E.L.F. Eye Shadow Brush. It's a really soft C-shaped brush, and packs on colour pretty well. Compared to the random brushes that I have from make up sets I got given from previous birthdays or Christmases, it is so much softer and denser.  Priced at £1.50 on the E.L.F. website (they're $1 in the US), I really think it's worth getting one! (or a few if you like to use loads of different shades in one go)

The E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush is also extremely soft and I really like the sleek black design of it. It feels like it's worth more than the £3.50 that I paid for it :P The bristles are pretty dense, so I find that when I use this to apply foundation or BB cream, coverage is quite full (which is good for me cos of all my scarring). I don't really like using it to apply powder though (even though it's a powder brush -_-) Because of how dense the brush is, I find it hard to get a light layer of powder, so I end up getting a chalky layer on my face. So yeah, personally, I only ever use it for foundation or BB cream.

It's getting late now and I can't be bothered to get up and go take photos and edit them, but I will make up for it soon! 

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...