Friday, 4 February 2011

Day 11: FMUR 30 Day Challenge

I finally finished that coursework! I got two hours sleep last night and missed my lecture this morning just to finish it though ><  Also got my exam results back.. can't say they were amazing.. just gonna have to try harder -_- ANYWAY, it's day 11!!

Day 11: Bag you want to have

So if I was loaded and I didn't need money to pay for life's necessities/ basic needs.. I would buy:

1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Petite Drawstringy Bag

I actually don't know what colour I would get.. the blue seems too bright to match to clothes, and the yellow doesn't seem to fit into my wardrobe. And the brown just looks too standard and plain :/ But I really like this bag for its style!


In 'Cashew'

In 'Ellsworth Blue'

In 'Hickory'


2. Classic Chanel Large Flap Bag

This bag would be so useful for all smart-casual or smart events. 


Well to be honest, you could probably wear it casual too, but as a student, I really wouldn't.. I'd rather pay £15 for an ASOS quilted bag instead..

I know it's hardly the same, but I could really spend that money on something else.. (I might talk differently about a Louis Vuitton bag though.. I just feel like they're more worth it? Idk.)


3. Paul's Boutique Gracie Bag

I would actually happily save up and get one of these bags right now, because I love the style of it so much! The one I saw on ASOS came in two different colours, but I haven't bothered to check on the actual website, so I don't know what other colours it comes in. Both colours look really good, and I really want one!! 

In 'Black'


In 'Gunmetal'

The only thing I don't like about most Paul's Boutique bags is the fact that they have those stupid 'Paul's Boutique' or 'I <3 PB' logos stitched to them. I just think the bag would be so much more classy without it! I know it's their signature thing, but they have a metal plate by the padlock which says 'Paul's Boutique' anyway, so why ruin a fit bag with a cartoon label? It really annoys me! Their bags would be so much nicer without them! (See 4)


4. Paul's Boutique Maisy Patent Large Shoulder Bag

In 'Grey'

I'm aware that high end brands such as Louis Vuitton are doing bags like this one, and I don't really know what it is that I like about it. I'm not usually drawn to patent material because I just don't like the shiny look, but when I saw this, I just had to check it out. It might have something to do with the star chain hanging from it, but I would seriously consider buying this bag. It's definitely different to every bag that I've ever owned, but I guess it's good to change things round once in a while.

You might have noticed that I haven't posted the really big brands like Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, etc. I did have a browse on their websites in order to write this blog, but apart from the standard 'Speedy 30' from Louis Vuitton, and the odd bag from Prada, I didn't really like anything enough to be able to post it on here. I liked the look of some of the bags, but thinking about it further made me realise that it was one of those impulse things again, haha. Maybe I'm just too used to being a cheap student, and I like shopping for bargains!

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...