Wednesday, 23 February 2011

E.L.F. order

I should probably get to bed soon (it's almost 6am and I have a lecture tomorrow -_-) but I just wanted to post about the E.L.F. order that I've just made with the code I posted earlier. It took me about 3 hours to finalise my order because I kept adding to it! It took ages to decide on what I should actually get because I felt like I was choosing things purely because I'd heard good reviews and there was an offer on them :/

When I looked at my shopping cart, I just removed all the things that I figured I would never really use, and kept all the things that I'd been wanting to get for ages. Then I looked up swatches on the things that I wanted to try out, and ended up removing some of those too because I didn't like the colours in real life. That's something that really annoys me about the E.L.F. site.. their pictures are often totally different from the true colours! I remember my first order with them was about £15 and I didn't even use half the stuff in the end because I ordered based on the colours they showed, thinking that they were the right colours. I ended up getting a parcel full of all the wrong colours -_-

I have to say though, that was two years ago and every other purchase I've made has been pretty good. I tend to read reviews online and look up swatches before I purchase now.

Anyways, when I finally checked out, I'd managed to rack up a total of £45.20, and felt pretty bad about how much money I'm willing to splash on cosmetics >< I can't help it! I seriously think I've got an addiction.. someone needs to take away my credit card and give me a limited allowance or something.. please, just limit my spending some how! >< I tried to justify it by thinking that two Clinique products would cost around £50, and that I was getting 17 products for that price.. but I still know that in reality it's a bit ridiculous to spend that amount of money on make up. I just figured I might as well spend it all in one go whilst there's an offer on.. and plus I want to experiment with different colours and products! >< Someone help me!!

But hey, enough of me whining. Nothing I can do but try and hold back from crazy future purchases! *Fingers crossed*

So moving on, here's a list of what I ordered:

From the standard line:

- Natural Radiance Blusher in Shy
- Natural Radiance Blusher in Innocence
- Limited 32 Eye Shadow Palette in Every Day Basics
- Limited 32 Eye Shadow Palette in Every Day Brights
- Nail Polish in Teal Blue
- Eye Shadow Brush
- Defining Eye Brush
- Eye Crease Brush
- Blending Eye Brush

And from the ELF Studio line:

- Cream Eye Liner in Gunmetal
- Blush in Peachy Keen
- Blush in Tickled Pink
- Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20 in Porcelain
- Mineral Lipstick in Cheerful Cherry
- Powder Brush
- Blush Brush
- Small Smudge Brush

I seriously can't wait to try out the Teal Blue nail varnish!! I was worried about the Studio Blush in Tickled Pink being too dark for me after I checked out various swatches, but I figured the offer meant it was only £2.80 so I might as well get it whilst it was cheaper. I guess if it doesn't work out then I'll just use it as an eye shadow or something. I also don't have high hopes for the Cheerful Cherry lipstick, but I guess we'll just have to see how that goes - thought it was worth a shot. Really looking forward to trying out the new tinted moisturiser! I hope it matches my skin tone!

Can't wait for my order really :P I'll post some pics up when I get it and I'll try give some first impressions!

Thanks for reading me ramble!

Good night/good morning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...