Monday, 14 March 2011

Review & Swatch: E.L.F. Nail Polish in Teal Blue

 A few posts back, I posted pictures and swatches from my E.L.F. haul that I got when they had their '20% off entire website' promotion for reaching 110,000 fans on Facebook. They're now hovering around 117,000 and once they hit 118,000 they'll be offering 20% off all mineral products. I'll post the link when that happens if you don't already follow them on Facebook.

Anyways, today's post is a review on the E.L.F. nail polish in Teal Blue. They recently released four new shades in the UK (I'm not sure how long they've had them in the US for), but they consist of Purple Dream, Dark Glitter Purple, Copper and Teal Blue. The minute I saw the Teal Blue on the site, I just had to get it.

  

  

My camera didn't really manage to capture the intensity of the green. When I saw it on the site, I thought it would come out like these pictures too, but it is definitely more of a deep yet bright green than the turquoise shade that I thought it would be. It actually matches a top that I own:


The photo was taken for a review that I have yet to write, but the colour of the top is pretty much the same as the nail varnish. I don't really know why my camera wouldn't give me true to life colours -_-

As with all the E.L.F. polishes I own, I use the Nude polish as a base coat and then apply two coats of the colour of choice. The Teal Blue made for a great application, and was not streaky at all. I guess it does take a while to dry in between coats, but because the colour is so intense, each coat that I applied didn't have to be too thick. 

I didn't notice any chipping until the fourth day which I reckon was both a work of applying a base coat and the Teal Blue varnish. The smell of the nail varnish is quite strong, but I haven't really tried a nail varnish that doesn't stink the house out.. plus, for £1.50, I'm totally willingly to crack open the window just so I can apply my pretty polish.

OVERALL: 

Pros:
- Cheap
- Great colour (intense)
- Not streaky

Cons:
- Colour not true to the site (as always)
- Takes a while to dry
- Strong smell

VERDICT:
If you're not in a rush and you can cope with the smell, I definitely recommend the E.L.F. Teal Blue nail polish. It's cheap and it's such a fun colour! For the price of one drug store polish, I could get about 3 of these E.L.F. ones, so being the cheapo I am, I love it! I can wear it all through Spring and Summer, and I'm sure I'll be able to incorporate it into Autumn and Winter somehow too.



5 comments:

  1. hey nice blog... make up is fun elf has some real good stuffs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks! I love E.L.F. too :) They have some good items for great prices :) Good for people like me on a budget :P Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love teal! i will be looking into getting this next <3 ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that color ^_^ I wish they had that color last time I ordered (it was sold out).

    ¤ blogniJANEL

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow i just found your blog xD love it!!!
    http://xdynax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...