Monday, 16 May 2011

Day 11: Interesting 30 Day Challenge

Day 11: What's in your make up bag?

I don't usually carry make up around with me when I go out. At most I'll carry lip balm, oil blotting sheets and a mirror, which is hardly interesting. This post is going to consist mostly of my favourites - it's usually the stuff that I bring with me when I go home for the weekend or the holidays.

I used to use my Clinique make up bag that came free as a Bonus Time gift, but I've been using this Agnes B bag since my Auntie gave it to me. I think it came free on a Cathay Pacific flight - I'm not sure, but it does say it was designed for Cathay? *shrug*


I love how you can open it all the way up, so I don't have to dig around finding stuff. I also really like how there's slots on one side of the bag - I like to keep my blusher, lip glosses, hair bands and contacts in these useful pouches.


Here are the contents of my make up bag:

I like carrying hair bands in my bag too along with hair clips, but I'll leave that for the what's in my bag challenge.

I don't keep my make up brushes in the same bag as my make up.. I put them into the little cat case in the first picture. They fit really snugly without being squashed. The case is spacier than it looks!

All brushes are from E.L.F. apart from the Ruby & Millie Eye Brush.

From left to right: Powder Brush, Complexion Brush, Blush Brush, Eye Shadow Brush, Eye Crease Brush, Blending Eye Brush, Ruby & Millie Eye Brush, Studio Small Smudge Brush, Mini Eye Liner Brush.

Now onto face products! I have other face products, but these are the ones that I constantly reach for, so of course I would have to bring them home with me. 

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20, Lioele Water Drop BB Cream, E.L.F. Studio Blush in Tickled Pink, GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer.

I don't tend to wear primer under my BB cream, but if I feel like my skin is too rough and that my BB cream won't go on that smoothly or something, then I'll use my GOSH primer. A lot of people say that they love the GOSH primer, but I don't find it that rave worthy - I don't feel like it smooths out the surface of the skin that well, and I always find it hard to know whether the primer has properly 'sunk in' into my skin because it makes my fingers smooth too.. so then I don't know if my face is actually smooth, or if it's just my fingers :/ If you have any tips or solutions to this, please let me know!

I also forgot to include my E.L.F. mineral booster. I use it to set my T-zone and stop shine.

Onto the eyes!

Contacts are a must carry in my make up bag. I actually also carry a pair of contact lenses in my bag wherever I go, even if I'm already wearing contacts on that day. I only wear glasses for watching TV, or sitting in lectures, but I like wearing contacts if I'm going to places that I'm not too sure of because I feel safer knowing that I can see all my surroundings properly. 

I also find tweezers really handy - not just for the eye brows, but I like to fix my jewellery clasps and phone charms with them! Works every time.

Left to right: Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara in Waterproof Black, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in Waterproof Black, MAC Single Eye Shadow in Copperplate (for brows), Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair, E.L.F. Eyelid Primer, E.L.F. Cream Eyeliner in Black, Superdrug Tweezers, Shiseido Eyelash Curler, Focus Dailies Contacts.

I got the Clinique Airbrush Concealer with a Bonus Time offer as well so I'm not entirely sure it's the perfect colour match for me. I like having it with me but I hardly use it because I feel it's a bit thick sometimes.

Notice that I don't carry any eye shadows with me. This is because I tend to leave most of my make up palettes at home - I don't have any use for eye shadows at uni, mostly because I hardly go out now.

I just realised I didn't mention the E.L.F. zit zapper (seen in the first picture) >< I love this because it actually does reduce and dry out existing spots. If I feel a spot developing, I put some of this stuff on before I sleep and usually it doesn't develop into a full blown spot the next morning. I do have issues with it in terms of hygiene though, because it's a roller ball applicator. Anyway, I'll leave that for a review or something.

Lips-wise, I like to carry a few different shades just in case there's different events or I want a bit of a change.

Left to right: Clinique Longlast Glosswear SPF 15 in 12 Kissy Fit, Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink, E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick in Pouty Petal, E.L.F. Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 in Mellow Melon.

The Clinique gloss was again, a freebie from a Bonus Time. You can probably tell by now that I love Clinique for their Bonus Time - I like being able to try out their new products by buying things that I need. My camera didn't really pick it up but Kissy Fit is a pretty bright pink! I really didn't think I'd like it because it is pretty 'out there', but I've come to love it because it makes me look so much more awake and it makes my teeth look a lot whiter! It's slightly sticky, but it lives up to its name and really does last absolutely ages in between meals.

Vintage Pink and Pouty Petal are easily two of my favourite lipsticks out of my mini collection! Vintage Pink is a purpley, mauvey pink, whilst Pouty Petal is a medium brown-pink. I should probably do some swatches or something another time. I'm so bad at description. I only recently got hold of the E.L.F. Conditioning Lip Balm so I don't have much to say about it right now. I like the colour, but I'm currently a bit unsure about the sticky consistency and the hygiene side of it.

I hope you enjoyed reading my rant about my make up bag! I know I probably made it longer than necessary, but I wanted to explain why I chose the things I did. I also want to apologise for the lighting in the photos - I took it at night under yellowy tungsten lighting, so the colours look a bit off.

What do you have in your make up bag? I'd be interested to see what your staples are :)

Priscilla, Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...