Thursday, 19 May 2011

Debenhams.com Review & UD Naked Palette


Remember how I mentioned a few posts back that I'd ordered the UD Naked Palette? I saw Debenhams selling it online for £28.80 and jumped at the chance of getting it for a bit cheaper, without having to pay for postage. I ordered the palette on Friday night (13th), and it arrived yesterday morning (Wednesday 18th). The website states that UK standard delivery takes around 4 working days. Mine technically arrived in three days *approves*


It came in quite a big plastic Debenhams packaging which reminded me of the resealable ASOS packaging. I was quite surprised at the size of it because it seemed quite bulky and I'd only ordered one thing. I opened the plastic and found..

 

I opened up the perfumes samples first.


I don't really know how to describe perfumes :/ I never understood how they could advertise perfumes on TV either :/ Surely you have to smell a perfume to know if you'll like it or not? I'm more of a musky perfume person - my favourite is Hugo Boss Deep Red, for reference.

To me, the DKNY sample smells quite sweet, citrussy, fresh and clean. I found this description online:
'DKNY WOMEN centers on Energizing, Intoxicating and Sensual accords. A blend of blood orange and chilled vodka, water lilies and white birch. As modern and timeless as New York City.'
I personally don't like the smell of this :/

The Marc Jacobs Bang.. I read the description on the back before I took a sniff, and it said 'Bang is peppery, woody, spicy', so I was already expecting not to like it. I actually choked and started coughing after I smelt it.. it smells so over powering and reminds me of some Chinese medicine I once had to take LOL. I would ban my boyfriend from wearing this HAHA



I was seriously impressed at the way that Debenhams had made sure my palette would arrive to me in perfect condition. I was worried when I made the purchase that the shadows would smash on their way here, but just looking at the way they'd wrapped it, I was convinced it would be okay (hence the perfume sniffing over palette loving).


They wrapped my palette caringly in three layers of bubble wrap, a huge A3 size J bubble wrapped interior envelope, and their Debenhams plastic packaging. For this reason, I am super loving Debenhams.com. I really don't know why I haven't ordered from them before.


I'm also loving the perfume samples they sent. Even though I didn't like the first two, the fact that they even included any was sweet of them. Plus, they sent me five! I feel like they actually care for me rather than just giving me what I asked for and sending me away XD Good marketing skills Debenhams!




Look how cute these Lacoste samples are! I like how it comes in a mini bottle rather than just on a piece of card. My favourite out of the three is the Blue one!! Such a musky man smell hahaa the White one reminds me more of fresh deodorant, and the Green one smells like a mix of citrus and flowers. I wonder if they have a female version of the Blue one? I would so wear it if it was unisex. Would it be weird for me to wear a male perfume? XD

Overall, I am extremely happy with my Debenhams.com purchase and would definitely reorder with them. I usually like to be able to check items over before I buy things, so usually shop in store, but Debenhams have shown so much care in making sure my purchase arrived on time and in good condition, that I would purchase make up from them again with no hesitation.

And now, onto my actual purchase! (Sorry it took so long to get here >< I always ramble).




I'm really looking forward to trying out the matte shadows, because I own hardly any. I like the fact that I can try out so many different colours for an okay-ish price. I'll admit that I did feel bad after buying it because I do believe that ~£30 is a lot to spend on eye shadow, but I'm hoping I'll get maximum use out of this. Especially as they're all neutrals and are so usable for every day.



I don't know if I would use Dark Horse, Hustle, or Creep because they seem a bit too dark :/ but I guess I'll have to experiment and see.. I tend to stick to safer colours that I know will work.


This was the best (and first) birthday present I have ever bought for myself! I'm looking forward to experimenting with these pigmented shadows that I've heard so many good things about. I'll definitely wear it on the day of my birthday (and my last exam *cry*). 


I will have to post swatches and stuff another time.. I need to get down to some revision! Hope you enjoyed this long and seemingly never ending post!

Priscilla, Xx

P.S. Now my room smells of man.

Have you ever shopped at Debenhams.com? Did you have a good experience with them?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So many samples~
    the lacoste ones are so cute hehe

    I've always wanted the naked palette but It's always sold out when I look in stores where I live lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice palette! :D wew! lots of freebies! :D lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the Naked palette! I love mine :D Hope to see some pretty EOTDs from you using this palette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...