Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Rant: No sleep = Post a blog entry


So I was gonna have an early night yesterday.. and I ended up not sleeping for the night. Climbed into bed and was gonna do a bit of reading before sleeping.. some how it turned into 5 hours and now there's no point trying to get to sleep at all -_- Got a presentation in about 2 hours - gotta stay till about 1pm. I just KNOW I'm going to end up sitting there half falling asleep!

Anyways, if anyone's actually reading this, the book in question was Genesis by Karin Slaughter. I picked it up at my uni's book fair at main campus - it retails for £18.99 but I got it for a pound! :P I haven't been reading in such a long time. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to reading cos I love it so much.. I just feel like it lets you take a break from your own life. I remember I used to be in the library almost every week in the summer, and I used to be able to finish a book in a day. My reading speed has fallen now though - Genesis took me three days to read. I'm not sure if it's because of the amount of workload I have, but I guess that's still pretty quick? I really recommend it if you like crime or horror stories. I'd never read any of Karin Slaughter's books before, but apparently she's a 'No. 1 Bestselling Author', and I know that I'll be looking for more of her books to pick up.

Talking of books, I actually really like Jodi Picoult's books. I've only read about three so far but my personal favourite is 'Change of Heart'. I really like how her books discuss ethical issues in story format. I'm going to try and get hold of her other books once I have the time. Definitely worth reading.

Sorry if I'm boring you.

I've been stressing lately over coursework deadlines and group presentations, and I only just realised today that after today's presentation, I will only have one piece of coursework to do before I will have handed in my last ever piece of coursework. So strange. On the other hand, my dissertation is not really going any where at the minute. I have a ton of data from my several experiments, but its difficult to try and incorporate it so that it all links. Basically my experiments consisted of growing cells in 12 well plates, and because I set them up at different times, I can't be sure how much cells I started off with in each one, and now I'm having trouble working out how to link it. My supervisor's been really helpful with that and last week we spent an hour discussing how to write it up. I still have a lot of work to do for my introduction and methods, but I'm hoping that I'll stay motivated enough to finish that by this weekend. Or at least the introduction. I think that'll take the longest.

I'm going home this Friday but for some reason I don't really feel excited? Maybe because I know I'll have to work through the whole Easter holiday so I'll hardly see anyone or anything but this laptop screen and past exam papers. I'm slightly worried I won't be able to balance my dissertation write up and revising for exams, but I think I just need to learn to manage my time properly and stop procrastinating. Like that would ever happen.

I haven't started packing yet but I didn't realise how much stuff I have to bring back with me. Just books and notes alone are weighing a ton, and I still have to bring my laptop, clothes, chargers, shoes, etc. I'm being a fob on Friday and taking back a 'Red White Blue' bag - if you're Chinese then you'll probably know what I'm talking about. I hope it doesn't fall apart.

Also, I'm hoping that I'll manage to sort out all my results and everything before I go home. I also need to find a way to eat all my food before I go home! And by that I mean all the perishable stuff that's gonna expire, although I do actually have some canned stuff that's gonna go off soon. That'll probably prove a problem because I've hardly had the time to eat these past two weeks. I've practically been eating a meal a day and snacking on toast. I hate how I seem to have no time nowadays! Even the weekends are ridiculous and I feel like they're just another day of uni!

Okay, so I've probably bored you enough by now. I haven't finished ranting yet LOL but I will let that wait till another time. I'ma go take a shower and get ready for lectures.

Hope you all have a beautiful sunny Spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...