Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Swatches: E.L.F. Studio Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 - Peaceful Pink & Mellow Melon

For those who don't know what E.L.F is:

E.L.F. is an affordable make up brand whose acronym stands for 'eyes, lips, face'.  Currently in the United Kingdom, there are no plans to bring E.L.F. make up into stores as this would increase the cost of products for customers. Prices of items in their standard line are usually £1.50 and those in the Studio line are priced at £3.50. Although items are more expensive than in the United States (where they sell products for $1 and $3 respectively), products are still relatively cheap in the UK, and the price difference is due entirely to taxes and transportation costs of products coming directly from the US. You can find out more about this here. You can get E.L.F. make up on their website here, and if you join their Facebook page, there are often promotional codes for countries in the EU.

N.B. I am not paid to write this blog post, advertise E.L.F. or tell you how much I love their stuff. I paid for everything with my own money and I'm only sharing what I love so that hopefully more of us can save money and still get good products :)



I bought two of the E.L.F. Studio Conditioning Lip Balms about a week ago when they were having 20% off their entire website. Deactivating my Facebook account has definitely meant that I've been less tempted to get things (because I don't constantly see their promotional codes), but when I got their newsletter saying that they had the new lip balms, I was really tempted to get them because I'd heard some good reviews.

 

Containing SPF 15, it claims to protect lips against sun burn and helps to relieve dry, chapped lips with 'a drench of moisture'. I haven't used it long enough to review, but first impressions were okay - it is a smooth consistency without feeling greasy (unlike Vaseline) and has quite a sweet vanilla-ish smell.


In comparison to the 4.7g (0.17oz) E.L.F. cream liners, the 7.5g (0.26oz) Conditioning Balms are really pretty big.


I like that they have protective plastic covers that can be replaced after each use - it makes it seem slightly more hygienic (I'm not sure how much more hygienic it makes it though..if at all).

Peaceful Pink and Mellow Melon
  

You can see that both lip glosses are relatively glossy (duh -_- couldn't think of another word), and the colours are quite pigmented, despite it being advertised as 'sheer' on the site. The swatches for both is just from one swipe of each gloss.

Peaceful Pink is a light mauvey pink which is similar to Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipstick in Pink Blush. Mellow Melon is a bright corally-orange pink as a swatch but I find it applies darker on the lips. I guess it depends on your own lip colour, seeing as its a translucent gloss.

They are both priced at £3.50 on the E.L.F. UK site.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! These were the two shades I was looking at, and your pictures helped me choose! Which one would you recommend the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) Glad I helped!! I prefer Mellow Melon as I'm more into the coral-pinks. Peaceful Pink is too purpley for my liking :) Xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks! And that's the one I just ordered! I saw in your "what's in my makeup bag" post that mellow melon was the one you liked to carry around, so I placed my order! Also, thanks for commenting on my blog! Means a lot!<3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...