Friday, 21 October 2011

Blog swap with Rinny

This post is seriously way overdue ><

WAY back in May, I contacted Rinny and asked if she would be interested in a blog swap - with the both of us living in two different countries, I figured it would be a good way of trying out new products that weren't readily available to us.


Rinny was so generous - she sent me so many things that I felt bad for having sent so little in comparison >< I know it's taken me a long time to post this, but thank you so much for everything Rinny! I was in Hong Kong when I read your blog post on our swap, and I'm so glad that you liked everything :) I hope some of them have become favourites!

(Please excuse the nasty background and lighting.. I now face a car park, making photographing more difficult)


NYX COSMETICS

I had heard so many things about NYX products that I was really curious and wanted to try their lippies and jumbo eye pencils. Rinny was so kind and got me about 5 NYX products! (I left one of the jumbo eye pencils at home - hence its absence in the picture above). I've tried out the round lipstick in Tea Rose and it's such a pretty colour! I seem to keep reaching for it whenever I want to feel more put together :P I haven't had the time to play around with the eye pencils yet but I'm looking forward to it! I've heard that they are extra creamy and make good eyeshadow bases - good for me and my monolids :P


MILANI BAKED BLUSH in 05 Luminoso


The only thing that I had ever associated with Milani was the Liquif'eye. I had no idea that they even had blushes.. but boy, am I glad that Rinny sent me this! It is so silky and gorgeous; despite the fact that I don't wear make up that often, I have to say that I have used this quite frequently. I actually prefer this over my E.L.F. Studio Blush in Tickled Pink :P I love how it has little shimmers in it that aren't overwhelming, and the colour is a subtle, pretty peach-pink :P It comes with a little mirror and a flat brush under the powder.


WET n WILD 

Having never owned or heard much about Wet and Wild products, I was really excited when I saw that Rinny had sent me a palette with pretty browns, golds and neutral shades :P I actually still haven't opened it yet because I didn't want to ruin the clean packaging before I took photos for this post, but now that I have, I can't wait to open it and swatch it! The shimmery brown and gold shadows in the right-hand column are calling me ><

(Eurgh, my pictures really don't do it any justice - I assure you the shadows in the right-hand column are shimmery!)
EOS LIP BALM in Lemon Drop

I love how this lip balm is shaped like an egg :P And I love lemon flavoured things! I really don't think there was anything that Rinny got me, that I didn't like :P The lemon-y smell is addictive, and now that I've just opened the packaging (yes, literally just now), I am actually just sitting here sniffing it. I'm weird, I know.

...

Rinny also gave me a bag of samples, which included the Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser and an Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturiser. I can't wait to try these out as well :P My favourite out of everything in this bag was the Cherry Culture Bubble Gum Lip Balm she gave me. Although I personally don't think it smells like bubble gum, it does remind me of something equally as yummy.. Haribo sweets!! haha, I really don't think I have any excuse to have dry lips any more..

I just want to say a huge 'Thank You!' to Rinny for agreeing to do this swap with me, and for sending me so many things, and so quickly! <3 I genuinely love everything that you got me :) Sorry for taking so long in getting this post up, but I hope you enjoyed reading it :)

Okay, I'm off to go and experiment with everything now!

Take care guys,
Priscilla,
Xx

PS. Click here to see what I got for Rinny :)

14 comments:

  1. Lovely products!
    I'm doing a blog swap with a fellow blogger too! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh she sent you such a great range of products, lovely packaging too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. rinny is such a sweetheart! i love her blog. all the stuff she sent you seem so amazing! i hope everything works out for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you like everything Priscilla! And believe me, you don't have to feel bad at all, because I'm the one who feels badly that you sent so many things to me!

    Anyway, I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience with all of the products you've tried so far. I have tried a few of the things you sent me and am very happy as well with them! I'm hoping to get around to reviewing them soon ^^

    The Milani blushes have become some of my favorites as well; prior to getting them for you for the swap, I've never tried them myself. I'm so glad I picked one up for myself as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA, such a great swap ^^ very generous. It's okay.. i do that too with all my new lip balms.. does that make me weirder? :/

    please review the wetnwild palete when you have time! I would love to see an EOTD too~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. (: aww nice swap.. i like the EOS lip balm myself, i think i need to purchase the lemon drop. need to add it to my collection XD

    CMPang x
    http://maisecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swap! I remember reading Rinny's post about this swap. Nice items she got you. Hope you're enjoying using them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi

    great idea about swapping stuff with each other, i live in holland and a some stuff like revlon and nyx isn't available here either :(
    so i always order it from ebay or some website

    and love your blog by the way :)

    i'm having a giveaway, so if intrested go check it out.
    it ends on 27 october

    xoxo
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. i mean 27 november xD sorry!!

    have a lovely day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice swap! enjoy those blusher and eye shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those are such amazing products! Rinny is so generous to be giving you all of them! :)
    I haven't found any nyx products in Australia yet but we do have some selection or revlon products
    That blush looks absolutely gorgeous!

    On another note, I've been tagged in a questionnaire and I've tagged you to continue the trend: http://s-evaanhthy.blogspot.com/2011/11/11-questions-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog swaps are always so fun. I'ev done it a few to,es before too and it's so nice to shop for someone.. also nerve-wrecking! I want to try some of the products you got too! ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Luminoso is gorgeous!!!!! =) One of my favorite Milani blushes. :D You should get Dolce pink or Rose D'Oro is if you have a chance =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...