Thursday, 11 October 2012

Decisions: Under Eye Concealer

(Psst: Boots currently have 3 for 2 on all skin care, cosmetics and health care products - perfect for the new season and the change in weather that it brings!)

I've been looking for a good under eye concealer for quite a while now. I need something that's non-drying, doesn't settle into fine lines, and has good enough coverage for my serious panda eyes. Yes - a lot of qualities to look for in a single product. My brief research on Makeupalley, YouTube, and through fellow bloggers has led me to put the following on my list:

1. Bobbi Brown Concealer and Corrector - apparently the corrector is better for brightening and cancelling out those panda eyes.. so am considering this over the concealer

2. Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant

3. Laura Mercier Secret Concealer - found this to be recommended as much as the BB corrector

I've tried the raved about Collection 2000 concealer but it is seriously awful for me - it cakes, settles in lines, is thick, and just makes it ten times worse - I always end up going without than with when I experiment with it. I'm currently trying to make do with the E.L.F. under eye concealer and brightener from their Studio line, but despite not caking, it's too sheer for me and I feel it doesn't last long - even if I set it with powder.

If you've tried out any of these products, what do you think? 

Do you have any recommendations for eye creams or under eye concealers?

4 comments:

  1. I used Laura Mercier Secret Concealer before. I think it conceals as nicely as the Bobbi brown concealer, and its better as it doesnt contain mineral oil. it doesnt counteract the blue in under eye area though.

    I guess BB corrector is very hard to find a dupe of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for such a late reply Denise! I always wonder if they'll give out samples of the two concealers, but I feel like it's such little product when you buy it, they probably wouldn't bother giving samples? Xx

      Delete
  2. Hey sweetie! I've heard much hype about the BB corrector, but I'm really not sure. Never tried it. But I really don't think the Maybelline Dream Lumi will help for panda eyes! Opt for something that's creamy (thick consistency) like cream concealers or stick concealers -- I know Maybelline has those concealing sticks, perhaps google up reviews? ^_^

    Hope that helps! Thank you for dropping by my blog also! <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sorry for such a late reply. I'm trying out the Skin Food Salmon one at the moment, and it's not too bad! Just gets a bit dry in the harsh weather conditions over here! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...