Sunday, 21 July 2013

Daily Life: June 2013

I'm just terrible at this blogging malarky, aren't I?

I guessed now would be a suitable time for a life update... I didn't do much in June, but we all know what I'm like... *ramble ramble*

BRACE YOURSELVES.

We like funky mirrors!
My first outing this month was to the Natural Science Museum! We'd already been a few times, but still hadn't managed to see it all. I love going to the Science Museum! We easily spend the day there, and all the different exhibitions are interesting and most of them are fun! We played a computer game in the Biology section, where you had to keep temperature, water and oxygen at levels suitable for human survival, and we had a ton of fun in the Physics area too - although I admit that it was full of children and I may have gotten a little annoyed that I had to let them go first on almost everything... I'm just a giant child, okay?!

Woman behind us: "What a pair of weirdos!"
Infrared heat detector!
It got too hot and packed inside after a while, so we escaped into a small outdoor garden at the back of the building, where other people were chilling, eating ice creams and basking in the sunlight. This was back when England didn't have a heatwave, and any small beam of sunshine was enough for a full on sunbathing session.

:)
Dinner that night was at Wahaca! We'd never been before, and it was always something that looked interesting :p We had no idea what to order... the waitress suggested two or three starters each, and then a main each...

You know my lifestyle posts are never complete without some food snaps!

Cactus Tacos!
Chorizo and Potato Quesadillas
Salmon and Avocado Tostadas - Seasonal (I can't find it on the menu :( )
MSC Fish Burrito
Way too much food!
We ended up with three starters to share, and a main each - we both had real difficulty in finishing our mains after all those starters! I have no idea how anyone manages to have three starters on their own and go on to finish a main. Has anyone reading right now actually managed this?

You know how girls always have space for dessert? That second stomach? Well, that was occupied with Wahaca food too, so we gave dessert a miss and went home with our leftovers to takeaway instead!

The next weekend, I did some full on shopping (perhaps a haul post soon) and plenty of food munching!

Brownie, Mochi and Granola - officially the best combination!
Dinner that night was at Carluccio's :) Service was terrible, but food wasn't bad.

Really gross looking mushroom risotto which was actually amazing!
Steak!
Calamari - no competition vs Sicilian calamari! (Sicily posts to come :D)
Bruschetta
Lasagne
Later in the month, I went to see Wicked at the Apollo Theatre in Victoria. It was only the second musical that I've seen, but it was amazing and beat Matilda on every level. It was one of the best birthday presents ever, and I would happily watch it again.


Even though the actress who usually plays Elphaba (Louise Dearman) was not performing on the day I went, Hayley Gallivan (standby for Elphaba) was absolutely amazing. I love going to musicals, even though it always makes me wish I could sing as well as the talented performers. I always feel so alive and happy afterwards!

This post is getting a bit too long now.. I still have more to post from when I went to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party! I'm really looking forward to sharing that day :p but it will have to wait till the next post as I reckon most people will have fallen asleep by now.

If you're still awake, thank you for reading, and hopefully I will be more 'with it' and manage to blog about the tea party, and my travels to Sicily and Paris before the year is out! I want to say I'm kidding about the end of the year... but we all know I don't exactly have a good reputation for sticking to frequent posting :p

What have you been up to lately?

Priscilla,
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...