Monday, 26 August 2013

Haul: High Street Make Up Haul

I've just signed in to find that all the blogs I follow have disappeared! Luckily I have subscribed to everyone on BlogLovin' :)

Over the past few months, I have bought quite a lot of make up and skin care, which I have been meaning to share with you for a while now. To make things easier, this post will cover high street make up products first, with following posts to come covering the remaining products!

First up, the Barry M Gelly High Shine Nail Paints!

From left to right: GNP 05 Blueberry, GNP 10 Lychee, GNP 17 Blue Grape & GNP 15 Guava 
I've been meaning to try these polishes for the longest time, so when my friend offered to help me pick some stuff up from Boots on an awesome deal, I sent him a huge shopping list, which included two of the shades shown above. I have yet to try them, but as these shades are so different to ones that I already own, I am really curious to swatch them!

I also bought the Revlon Nail Enamel in 480 Chic, and the Rimmel Salon Pro in 411 Navy Seal. I wouldn't usually spend above £5+ on a single nail polish, but after I saw a manicure on the Revlon Facebook page with this shade, I was really tempted to try it out myself! It didn't really help that the shade seems so different and reminds me of the Chanel Boy nail polish, which I've been lusting after for ages! I don't think I'll ever purchase the Chanel Boy - it'll just have to be something that I love from afar :(
From left to right: Revlon Nail Enamel in 480 Chic & Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in 411 Navy Seal

The Rimmel Salon Pro in 411 Navy was a shade that I'd been coveting since I'd first seen it on the shelves, but I decided to wait until there was a 3 for 2 offer or the like before I made the purchase. This was at the top of my shopping list, but unfortunately my friend was unable to locate it. It took me a fair few trips to Boots and Superdrug before I finally managed to find it! 


For some strange reason, even the larger stores at Westfield London and Stratford City didn't seem to have allocated shelf space for this shade, even though it had been so abundantly available before when I'd first spotted it! I really hope this shade hasn't been discontinued, because I've sort of fallen in love with it even though I haven't even worn it yet!

The next purchases I made were in the form of the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 110 and a non-matte Kate shade in 16.
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 110 (Matte) and 16 (Non-Matte)
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 110 (Matte) and 16 (Non-Matte)
The majority of my lipstick collection is made up of Rimmel lipsticks - I just love how affordable and pigmented they are, but never seem to dry my lips out. There's such a large variety of different colours and finishes, but they never seem over priced for the quality!
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 110
The 110 is a really bright, vibrant red-coral. It is certainly more red than coral, but I was mainly drawn to this because of how bright and 'out there' it looks. I'd also say it's quite orange toned, which I'm not really used to - I tend to stick to blue based shades for whiter looking teeth! I've been really enjoying bright lip shades lately, probably due to the sunny weather, but wearing such bright shades just makes me feel more happy and confident :)
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 16 (Non-Matte)
This is a very natural shade - sort of a nude lip shade for me. It runs pink, and reminds me of the Rimmel Airy Fairy and NYX Tea Rose, but the 16 is certainly much pinkier.
From left to right: Single layer + Three layer swatches.
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 110 and 16 (Non-Matte). 
On a random stroll into Poundland and a venture down their make up aisle, I discovered some hidden gems! I'm pretty sure these are genuine and fault-free despite them being found in a pound store..
From left to right: Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel in 880 Black Star,
Revlon Nail Enamel in 85 Minted & 281 Classy
I was really excited when I found 880 Black Star. It reminded me of my favourite E.L.F. polish in Gunmetal, of which I have gone through about two bottles. As it was £1 and Revlon, I decided to give it a try! 85 Minted was a shade that I saw a lot of in Spring/Summer, so when I spotted it hanging there just calling out to me, I gave it a new home amongst my other polishes. I was unsure about 281 Classy as it just seems so nude and pale - I wasn't sure if it would give much colour payoff, but I came to the conclusion that for £1, it was worth a try. Even if it comes out clear, I'm sure the quality of Revlon polishes would make for a great base coat!

The next product is one that's been hyped about all over the blogosphere and YouTube!
Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Perfect & Cover Concealer in Light
Having wished for this to come out in the UK ever since just about every single blogger/YouTuber on the other side of the pond raved about this (and having even messaged Maybelline asking about this!) I bought the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Perfect & Cover Concealer *wooh!* as soon as I saw it! I have this in Light, and it matches my NC20 skin perfectly :) It doesn't crease or cake, and it makes my undereye area feel so soft!


I was really lucky in that my friend could help me purchase the majority of these products as well as some No 7 skin care products on offer, which totalled up to just the original price of two No 7 products! I'm not sure I would have bought so much in one go otherwise..

There will be more posts to come covering some MAC and French skin care products!

I hope you've all been well and that you've been soaking up the summer sun! I've been so outdoorsy lately that I've got a severe watch tan XD

Take care :)

Priscilla,
Xx


2 comments:

  1. love a good red lippy! and need to try out that concealer, have to get a new one! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 110 is my all time favourite! I love the look of that cobalt blue Barry M nail polish too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...