Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Korea Haul: Innisfree

In light of my recent trip to Asia, I decided it would be appropriate to share some of the skin care and cosmetics products that I deemed worthy of purchase. Granted, I put together a well-researched list of products for possible purchase which I brought with me on my travels. On arrival in each store, I would refer to my list - this made sure I stuck to things that I knew would be worth the money; products that fellow bloggers had rated highly and recommended for purchase. I believe this enabled me to reign in on the impulse purchases and meant that I spent a lot less money than I otherwise would have had I just gone in willy-nilly and picked out everything that I thought looked good...

So, first up - Innisfree. This is a brand that I seem to have fallen helplessly in love with after my trip to Asia. I just wish I'd bought some of their other products whilst I was there. There were a few products on my list that I decided to pass on such as the Innisfree Smart Foundation, Longwear Cushion, and Green Tea Mist. At the time, I figured it would be wise to pass on these for now: "I already own quite a few foundations... who needs more?" (I guess I was thinking more logically and less like a beauty blogger. Le sigh.) 


My very first purchase from Innisfree came in the form of the Water Glow Cushion, which has SPF50+ PA+++. I stood there for a while, deliberating between this and the Long Wear Cushion. Did I want a dewy finish despite my current greaseball status in Asia, or should I go for the Long Wear Cushion that would last me all day in the current climate?


After discussing with the sales assistant and testing out both products on the back of my hands, I decided to opt for the Water Glow Cushion. Despite the fact that my hands were not what you would call dry, the Long Wear Cushion appeared cakey and settled into crevices on my skin. The Water Glow Cushion was definitely more moist as suggested by its name, and there was no issue with it settling into creases.


As a more moisturising cushion, I felt that this was more suitable over the Long Wear Cushion for the drier UK weather - particularly for the winter where my skin is more prone to dry spots and looking a lot duller. The suitability of the Long Wear Cushion in warmer climates was lost on me as I was looking for something that would work in the British weather - something infamous for being cold, wet, and particularly unpredictable. (You hear that, September Summer...?!)


Compared to the Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion and the Iope CC Cushion, the Innisfree cushion packaging for both the Long Wear and Water Glow Cushions are much flatter, making it look more sleek. The flatter top also makes it easier to store either in a make up drawer or stacked with other products.


On opening the pact, you are faced with an in built mirror as well as the special CC cushion sponge, resting on top of the plastic protective cover that is so common and clever of Asian cosmetic pacts.


In its unopened form, the cushion itself is sealed with a hygiene sticker. As I have yet to give this its trial run, I have not been able to take a photo of the cushion sponge itself. I am planning to test this cushion through Autumn until the beginning of Winter to see how this product fares through the change in temperature and my different skin conditions, so keep an eye out for that pending blog post!

With the wide varieties in colour and products, the lip product section of Innisfree was the second area where I spent the majority of my time. I think I actually bought these products in a few different Innisfree stores... I also purchased a Dual Eyebrow Brush but forgot to include it in this post (fail).


I picked out three easy-to-wear shades in three different product forms. From left to right above are: The Color Glow Lipstick in Shade 3, Vivid Tint Rouge in Shade 9, and the Glossy Lip Lacquer in Shade 3. The first is obviously a lipstick, with the second being a 'tint' that feels more like a pigmented lip gloss without the stickiness. The lip lacquer itself reminds me of the Rimmel Apocalips lip lacquers.

From left to right: Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick in #3, Vivid Tint Rouge in #9 and Glossy Lip Lacquer in #3

From top to bottom: Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick in #3, Vivid Tint Rouge in #9, and Glossy Lip Lacquer in #3

Unfortunately, I have yet to open their popular Waterproof Microcara - be sure to check back though, because I will be testing it out and reporting back on its waterproof claims!

I've already used all the other products and really, really like them! The Color Glow Lipstick has fast become a favourite due to its ability to give me a sheer wash of colour without getting sticky or drying out my lips. Reviews are in the works for all of these products, but all I can say for now is that none of the products that I have tested so far have been a disappointment.

So, thumbs up to Innisfree! Definitely looking forward to trying more of their products!

Have you tried any Innisfree products? 
What do you think I should try next?

2 comments:

  1. Wish I can find Innisfree in the states! I like their masks :)

    www.cydangiebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried getting them online? :) I've heard there are quite a few websites based in the US that are selling Korean cosmetics! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment - it really means a lot to me. I always reply to genuine comments, so make sure to check back or click to subscribe for future comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...